Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sloppy Joe, Sloppy Sloppy Joe Yeah

I love this recipe for Sloppy Joes. I never really thought about making them until this recipe. Its from The New Basics Cookbook. The original recipe is for the crockpot but I just throw everything together and it is so good.

2 T. Olive Oil
1 C. Chopped Onion
1 Rib Celery, minced (I usually dont add this but you can if you want)
1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped.(I use red pepper instead, it makes it a little sweeter)
1/2 t. dried oregeno (I use just a mixed dried herb)
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 C. ketchup
1/2 C. tomato sauce
1/4 C. water
2 T. Red wine vinegar
1 T. Worcesterchire sauce
1 T. packed brown sugar
1 t. salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Any kind of bread to put it on. We usually just use hamburger buns.

Directions: Cook Hamburger, onion, celery and pepper. Add the rest of ingredients until cooked through. I let cook for a few minutes to get the flavors together then dish up. So simple and so tasty.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

How fun Amelia! I'm excited to hear more about your endeavors :) I am especially interested in your pizza recipe there! Way to go!

Cagle Clan said...

I will totally try this! I so appreciate GREAT recipes that are simple!!! Since the whole cooking thing doesn't come real natural to me. I was JUST wishing I could get some more from people!! Thank you!! Keep them coming!