Thursday, December 2, 2010

Darren's favorite tacos!!

When I first got married and Darren asked me to make tacos, I thought sure. So I ground up hamburger, cut up all the tomatoes, cheese, lettuce etc... When he sat down for dinner he said thats not how you make tacos. I thought what do you mean. So the old "this is how my mom would have made them" phrase came up. So here is Bonnie's taco recipe. It is a great way to stretch a meal.

1 lb. hamburger
1 can refried beans (2 would make it stretch further)
1/2 c. of salsa
Shredded cheese
Diced up tomatoes
Taco shells

Cook up hamburger, add can of beans and salsa. You might add a little water if it seems too thick. Let it cook for a few minutes. Put mixture into shells, add cheese and tomatoes.

I dont know why but we have always had to eat this with Chocolate milk. It tastes so much better if you do!!

No comments: